Learning With YOU in Charge!
Welcome to QuickMooc! QuickMOOC is a consortium of authors developing short MOOCs or massive open online courses using a very different instructional design. These short learning experiences are designed to takes several hours to complete with the learner in the driver seat and several mentors who are coaching and helping the learner make progress on a learning journey. You can see the instructional design used at the bottom of this page.
At the present, we are concentrating on short courses connected to educational technology, library and information science, and K-12 education. You can see our course descriptions and availability on the “courses” tab at the left.
We charge a minimal fee to use the courses to encourage the user to stick with and make a commitment to learning in a participatory learning environment.
Any QuickMOOC let’s you:
- Complete the QuickMOOC with a group or by yourself.
- Be in command of what you want to learn and how much.
- Spend as little or much time as you wish in the community.
- Participate and contribute with others who have taken or who are now taking the QuickMOOC.
- Decide what you want to do with the knowledge you are building: Stay in this community and participate as long as you’d like.
- Decide you have learned what you wanted to and walk away.
- Do a reflection.
- Make a plan
- Carry out a plan.
- Get a Badge and/or certificate of completion.
Check out this drawing of the QuickMOOC design and a small version is included here:
Want to be a QuickMOOC author? Contact David V. Loertscher at: firstname.lastname@example.org